Dolphin v Old Crescent (Preview)
We welcome members of the 1993 Dolphin Tour Party to Canada who are having a reunion at the pre match Lunch of Saturdays game.
Pictured above is the side that played Toronto Irish.
- o We host two Old Crescent sides today, it is the first time that Dolphin have played an AIL game and a 2nds League on a Saturday, and both against the same opposition.
- o In the centre for Dolphin is an Old Crescent old boy – Will Hanley
- o Old Crescent won Division 2B last season, going undefeated with 17 wins & a draw.
- o This is the 13th time that Dolphin played |Old Crescent, the last time was 13 seasons ago.
- o The sides contested the 2002-03 Division 2 Final in Lansdowne Road, Dolphin winning 29-19, with tries from Eddie Knowles & Dave Pomeroy, while John O’Mahony converted both tries & added five penalties as well.
- o John O’Mahony has fond memories of Rosbrien, it was there he became the 3rd player in AIL history to score 1,000 points.
- o We are delighted to see today a reunion of the Canadian Tour Party of 1993, it came at the end of our 2nd season in the AIL. Instead of 18 games a season, then there was only nine, Dolphin winning five of them , three of their four losses being by four points or less.
- o 9/1/1993 – Dolphin, thinks to four Eoin O’Mahony penalties came away 12-9 winners at Rosbrien, some members of the Dolphin side are here today.